Car Hire -
Exploration Made Easy
To freely and conveniently explore more fascinating villages, beautiful churches and historic monuments, a car is what you need.
Car Hire Information
Self-drive car rental firms have offices in all resorts.
- To be able to drive in Cyprus you must hold either a valid international driving license or your national driving license, provided it is valid for the class of vehicle you wish to drive. Drivers must be over 25 years old, or 21 years old with a valid driving license for a minimum of 3 years.Rates vary according to the rental period, season of the year and extras.
- Rates vary according to the rental period, season of the year, and extras.
- By booking through Argonaftis tours, the vehicles may be delivered to your hotel with a full tank of fuel and unlimited milage.
- In the event of an accident, you must call the police to the scene and Argonaftis tours immediately.
Basic Driving Tips
- Always keep your driving license, insurance papers and car hire contract with you.
- Drive on the left-hand side of the road.
- International road traffic signs are in English and are placed on the left-hand side of the roads and highways.
- Obey speed limits – these are shown in kilometres.
- Petrol is available 24/7 as most petrol stations are equipped with automatic petrol pumps.
- The use of both front and rear seatbelts is compulsory and use of mobile phones without the hands-free car feature is strictly prohibited.